One year after the launch of the International Platform on Sustainable Finance (IPSF), the Delegation of the European Union to India organised a webinar on ‘Accelerating the flow of sustainable finance for India’s clean energy transition’ on 23rd October, 2020. The webinar was organised under the EU-India Clean Energy and Climate Partnership (CECP). PricewaterhouseCoopers Private Limited together with the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) were the implementing partners for this project. The webinar was attended by more than 230 participants, representing policymakers, regulators, financiers, civil society organisations, think thanks, consultants and academia.
Speakers and panellists:
- H.E. Mr. Ugo Astuto, Ambassador of the European Union to India
- Dr. C. S. Mohapatra, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Finance
- Ms. Caroline Wellemans, Deputy Head of Unit, DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union (FISMA), European Commission
- Mr. Chintan Shah, Director (Technical), Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA)
- Ms. Neha Kumar, India Programme Manager, Climate Bonds Initiative
- Ms. Jolly Sinha, Analyst, Climate Policy Initiative
- Mr. Donal Cannon, Head of Regional Representation for South Asia, European Investment Bank
- Ms. Anita George, Executive Vice-President and Deputy Head, CDPQ Global
- Mr. Matthieu Craye, International Relations Officer, Directorate-General for Energy, European Commission
- Dr. Arunabha Ghosh, CEO, Council on Energy, Environment and Water (Moderator)
Mr. Arjun Dutt, who was involved in the organisation of the webinar wrote an Oped on "Funding India's clean energy transition"
Click here to read the article